C++ Software Engineer - Infrastructure Monitoring Agents Team & PHP Agent Team
#Gdansk #Full time
Dynatrace is the global leader in Application Performance Management (APM). AI-powered, full stack and completely automated. It’s the only solution that provides answers, not just data. The world’s leading brands, including 72 of the Fortune 100, trust Dynatrace to optimize customer experiences, innovate faster and modernize IT operations with absolute confidence. Gdańsk Lab is second largest technical heart of Dynatrace and houses our tech leadership for our flagship product.
Who we are looking for?
We are often the first line of technical analysis for cross-component issues and it is not uncommon that we are tasked with creating a design requiring coordination between multiple teams. So, on top of familiarizing ourselves with Docker, Azure, OpenStack, AWS, VMWare, and more, we also need to have good understanding of what entire Dynatrace monitoring does. Bearing that in mind it is clear, that good communications skills are of tremendous help in our responsibilities.
Your role in the team
- Further develop the leading APM System in C++
- Focus on Web & Application Server, Profiling & Performance APIs or Bytecode-Weaving
- Coordinate with Product Management and SW Architects as a Scrum team member
- Collaborate with international Development teams
- Ensure product quality (Continuous Integration and Delivery)
What do we expect from you?
- Great C++ programming skills
- acquaintance with coding best practices, tools, and techniques supporting the development of good-quality code
- knowledge of the technologies used to develop distributed applications that process large amounts of data, operating in both Windows and Linux environments
- Ability to complete assigned tasks independently and as a part of a team
- very good English communication skills
- ambition to develop in the area of creating scalable components processing data collected from both application and operating system
- open mind and incentive to learn and gain experience in new technologies and programming languages
About teams you may join
Infrastructure Monitoring Agents TeamWorking in Infrastructure Monitoring Agents team means developing the very heart of Dynatrace SaaS and Managed agent-based monitoring. Working in the vanguard of handling various rapidly changing New Stack applications means that there are little to no solutions publicly available and we are the first to provide them. Being part of Infrastructure Monitoring Agents team, therefore, is associated with learning a wide array of new technologies and designing how to monitor them.
At the end of the day we go to sleep richer with knowledge about new technologies and with sense of fullfilment bolstered by end to end functionality that we provide.
Dynatrace PHP Agent TeamIn the PHP Agent team we do not write e-commerce sites in PHP; rather, we hook into PHP language runtime and monitor its internal workings. This allows one to learn a lot about how dynamic programming languages are implemented and how they operate. PHP itself is written in C with heavy use of macros, but we use C++ for convenience. Occasionally we also extend server components, which means Java. Our job also involves troubleshooting real-life customer problems, which may involve native code debugging (also core dump analysis) using gdb/cgdb; low-level skills grow naturally in such environment. As with any invasive agent, quality is very important in our work. Unit tests are of limited usefulness here due to total dependency on the PHP runtime. We use ATF module tests in combination with integration tests / BigTests, as well as two types of performance tests. Our Agent must work directly with both Dynatrace SaaS (ruxit) and AppMon, so is of course tested with both products in parallel. As PHP is very popular in the Web for application development that usually interface with databases, other web servers etc., PHP Agent is a key component for giving the customers end-to-end view of their systems.
Recruitment processStep 1: You send us your job application.
Step 2: We invite you to a personal meeting with us.
Step 3: You meet with the Development Lead and team members to talk about your experience, technical skills, and English communication skills.
Step 4: If everything works out, you meet with the Development Lead and HR representative to sign your contract and celebrate your joining
the Dynatrace Team!
|Software developer||6,5k - 11k
gross per month
|Mid Software developer||8,5k - 15k
gross per month
|Senior Software developer||12k - 22k
gross per month