C++ Software Engineer - Agent Installation & Deployment Team
We've installed an outpost in the field, now we need to Deploy more personnel!
- Do you enjoy digging into the operating system internals?
- Hand-to-hand combat with wide array of Linux distros will not give you a Shell shock?
- Will you dare to hack through a test jungle full of Pythons and go whale hunting?
Your role in the team
You will develop OneAgent installation and autoupdate components. You will implement the new features and continuously make sure the installation is secure and stable. The installation is often the first touchpoint for Dynatrace users, you will help us keep this experience flawless. Our users love the reliability and automation of the solutions we provide, as an Agent Installation and Deployment team member, you will make it happen. When things get messy, the Support Team will depend on your knowledge.
You'll have the opportunity to:
- Broaden your operating systems expertise.
- Work with the newest technologies for containers and orchestration platforms.
- Implement clever ideas to automate our installation and deployment process.
- Develop a systematic approach to troubleshoot complex issues of unknown origin.
- Get yourself familiar with the OS security mechanisms.
What do we expect from you?
- Very good C++ programming skills.
- Good knowledge of shell scripting or Python.
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows administration and programming interface.
- Highly developed problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks independently and as a part of a team.
- Very good communication skills in English.
- Familiarity with Windows Installer, Docker, Kubernetes, or software installation packages is a plus.
About the team!
Agent Installation and Deployment team develops and maintains components related to the deployment, installation and update of Dynatrace OneAgent. We work with Windows, various Linux distributions and AIX, writing shell script based installer, MSI package and native code in C++. And it's not just a single host installation. We also deploy OneAgents in large-scale environments managed by orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes. We even released our own Docker image that hit 1M+ downloads!
Our users build the most complex and varied environments. It gives us a unique opportunity to develop deep understanding of the operating system internals and enhance our troubleshooting skills. Every problem is a quest. The more complex, the better. We're thrilled to be applauded by the users and colleagues for resolving the impossible. We expect the same attitude from you!
Our goal is to stay unnoticed and ensure flawless first-time experience for our users. After all, among all the features Dynatrace provides, the installer is used by each and every one. We pay particular attention to quality, reliability and robustness.
Want to join deployment experts club?
Step 1: You send your job application
Step 2: We invite you to a personal meeting with us.
Step 3: You meet with Development Lead and team members to talk about your experience, technical skills, and English communication skills
Step 4: You meeet with a Development Lead and HR representative to sign your contract. Congratulations and welcome to the Dynatrace Team!
Optional Step 0: Gain extra points for the recruitment process
|Software developer||6,5k - 11k
gross per month
|Mid Software developer||8,5k - 15k
gross per month
|Senior Software developer||12k - 22k
gross per month